This project, which involves 5 partners and 4 European countries (Croatia, France, Italy, Spain), is based on an inventory of the existing educational practices among partners and the shared observation as to:
- The necessity to improve the practices of each partner and, more generally, other stakeholders with whom they work at local and regional level;
- The necessity to adapt existing practices related to the assessment of cultural actions socially committed to allow continuous improvement of actions;
- The definite interest for all relevant stakeholders in an innovative tool, enriched with multidisciplinary approaches and different practices; a tool they can easily implement in their context and specific intervention for their specific audiences -especially with young in academic failure for which the cultural medium is a different learning approach that has been proven.
These are the project’s 3 main reasons. From this, the partners have extended the reflexion and set clear, achievable goals, leading to concrete, measurable results. This work has mobilized us for several months and gave us a good knowledge of each others. This work has reinforced our belief in the importance of this project to our structures and to the community.
Today, in the finalization phase of project development, we share a clear vision of our objectives:
- Improve actions through the exchange of best practices and experience;
- Improve quality and efficiency of our support actions by transferring engineering and tools;
- Improve practice of all persons engaged in the same type of action by creating a new educational tool, innovative and easily transferrable;
- Help to facilitate the process of evaluation of cultural activities;
- Provide technical assistance to the capitalization of knowledge and skills.
Drawing on a wide range of approaches and various experiences of all partners, the project aims, in a first phase, to ensure the transmission/dissemination of existing methods and tools in the 4 partner countries in order to enable them to:
- improve practices of each participant by the cross fertilisation of ideas and practices from the partners;
- co-construct an educational tool easily adapted to any type of public and different objectives (access to basic knowledge, access to mobility, access to active citizenship, development of transversal competences).
In a second phase, the project aims to provide a common reflexion around existing modalities permitting beneficiaries to capitalize and formalize skills, knowledge and experience achievements after cultural activity. The partners want to achieve by this reflexion criteria and tools for the formalization and capitalization of knowledge (basic and transversal competences, basic knowledge and experience) which promote the valorisation of public with a low level of qualification. This second phase will also include a shared reflexion around the tools and methods for evaluating cultural practices socially engaged. Both actions are intended to lead to the preparation of a booklet to accompany the actors in the evaluation of their actions and to enable them to accompany their beneficiaries in the capitalization of acquired experiences.
This project will have two results as intellectual production that have a multiple expected impact, for all those involved in cultural activities socially engaged (trainers, artists, volunteers, policy makers and designer of integration and integration policies) :
- a new and innovative « Fresh » book
- a booklet to accompany the evaluation and capitalization of knowledge and key skills. These tools will be published and widely disseminated in open source.
It falls within the priorities set by the European policies in the field of youth education and with the aims defined for strategic partnerships:
- Enhancing the quality and relevance of the learning offer in education, training and youth work by developing new and innovative approaches and supporting the dissemination of best practices;
- Fostering the provision and the assessment of key competences, including basic skills and transversal skills particularly entrepreneurship, languages and digital skills;
- Promoting take-up of innovative practices in education, training and youth by supporting collaborative learning and critical thinking and other innovative learning methods;
- Fostering equity and inclusion in education, training and youth, to enable quality learning for all as well as to prevent drop-out and promote participation of disadvantaged youngsters in society.
The project also contributes to the Europe 2020 objectives:
- With a target of people in precarious youth, it participates in the fight against poverty;
- Having as target audience young adults failing at school, it participates in the effort to reduce school dropout;
- As the young beneficiaries do not master basic key skills, it aims to contribute to facilitating their social and professional integration.